Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing is one of our family’s most favorite dressings of all time and is super easy to make. It’s perfect on a big lettuce wedge or even as dipping sauce for crunchy vegetables.
Why I Love Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- It’s 100% delicious – First and foremost, I love this recipe because it is so yummy! Carrot ginger miso dressing has a savory umami flavor that is slightly sweet and tangy. The combination of grated ginger, miso paste, and carrots creates a complex and delicious taste that is hard to resist.
- It’s good for you – Carrots are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, while ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and can aid digestion. Miso paste is also a good source of protein and contains beneficial bacteria that can improve gut health. Plus, it’s dairy and gluten free, so it’s a great allergy friendly dressing.
- Versatile – Carrot ginger miso dressing can be used in so many different ways. It’s obviously a great dressing for salads, but it can also be used as a marinade for grilled meats, a dip for vegetables, or a sauce for stir-fries.
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing Ingredients
- rice wine vinegar
- yellow or white miso
Substitutions and Variations
This recipe isn’t the most flexible when it comes to what ingredients you can add or take away, but there are a few thing you can substitute you can make in a pinch!
- Want to sweeten things up a little? Add a couple teaspoons of mirin (or honey) and you’ll get bit of extra sweetness.
- Don’t have rice wine vinegar? If you have apple cider vinegar that will work as a replacement for rice wine vinegar.
- What oil? Any oil will work for this recipe. Olive, canola, vegetable oil or whatever other oil you have on hand will work perfectly.
Get Your Kids to Eat Their Vegetables
I get so many emails from parents saying that their little ones won’t eat vegetables. In my experience if you give them something to dip their vegetables in, magically they want to give it a try. I’m not saying this will work with every child, but it’s worked for many people I’ve suggested it to.
Taking vegetable pieces and dipping them in a variety of different sauces, including this Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing, makes eating a fun activity. One of my readers even suggested coming up with little names for the veggies like “trees” for broccoli, “logs” for carrots and “sticks” for beans. You can also try eating veggies with your child. Even better, at our farmers’ market you can buy all kinds of different fruits and vegetables by the piece, so I don’t have to spend tons of money before figuring out which his favorites will be.
More Dressings, Dips and Sauces
Next time you’re looking for a healthy, easy dressing for your salads or to use as a dip, this Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing is the way to go! Let me know in the comments what you think of this recipe or tag me on social media if you make it!
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- Food Processor
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.
- Drizzle in the oil while machine is running until puree is thick and creamy.