My husband just read this post and said, “what is it, Leftovers Week”? Sometimes daddies just don’t understand the brilliance of turning one meal into four. If you’ve been tuning in the past few days, you know I make a Chicken in the Crock Pot at least once a week for my family. Without fail, we always have chicken left over, which is a huge bonus for any busy mom. Sometimes I use it to make Mac, Chicken and Cheese Bites or Mexican Enchiladas, but lately I started preparing this chicken salad, and the kids just love to eat it. With just a few slices of vitamin-packed avocado along with some chopped pickles for crunch and a slightly salty flavor, this Chicken Salad Wrap is not only easy to make, but also a great use for cooked chicken. Let’s hear it for Leftovers Week!
Chicken Salad Avocado Wrap
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Warm a tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side (you can do this on top of the stove or in a microwave for 15 seconds in between moist paper towels).
- Place 1/4 of an avocado, cut into slices, on the half of the tortilla nearest to you.
- Spread 1/4 cup of Chicken Salad on top of the avocado.
- Roll the wrap away from you and cut into halves.
- **Letting the salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours enhances the flavors more and makes it even more yummy!