Have you ever tried Baked Oatmeal? This Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal is a super easy breakfast (or brunch) that’s filling and delicious!
I love this Coconut Cream Baked Oatmea recipe because I can prep it the night before so all I have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. Not only did it take mere minutes for me to throw it together, but my kitchen smelled heavenly as it baked away. This is definitely a dish that can feed a crowd for a brunch or you can do what I did and make one batch to serve twice in one week — just reheat it the second time.
You can substitute maple syrup for the honey if you want to make this dish vegan. You can also top your oatmeal with a touch of cream to make it extra decadent and delicious. No matter how you make it, this divine dish will warm everyone’s heart and tummies in your house! Don’t miss adding tons of toppings like toasted coconut, berries and a drizzle of honey!
Brunch is one of the best meals in my opinion. I love creating recipes for it! Over the years I’ve come up with Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast, Breakfast Rice Bake, Breakfast Casserole to name a few!
My favorite part about oatmeal is that it’s so versatile and great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. There are tons of ways to prep it too which is great. You can make it baked like this recipe or you could make Refrigerator Oatmeal or Oatmeal in the Crock Pot! There’s also a lot of different flavors you can make it like Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal and Berry Delicious Oatmeal.
If you’re wondering what’s for breakfast, Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal should be high up on your list. Let me know if you make it my tagging me on social media!
Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 small can (5 1/2 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Generously grease a 3-quart casserole or 9-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, coconut milk, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the water, oats, 1/4 cup coconut, and salt. Mix well
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake the oatmeal for 35-40 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Meanwhile, toast the remaining 1/4 cup coconut in the oven on the side, stirring once or twice, for 4-6 minutes or until light golden.
- Drizzle the oatmeal with a little extra honey and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve hot.