We love eating fruit chips, but they’re quite expensive to buy at the supermarket, so we decided to make our own. All you have to do is thinly slice sweet pears and apples and in no time flat you have these healthy, Pear and Apple Chips that everyone in your family will adore!
I’ve been buying gorgeous pears and apples at the farmer’s market lately, and I decided to try my hand at homemade fruit chips. While I cut away, Kenya had a blast laying them out on the baking sheets before we popped them in the oven. I had to make sure I sliced fast because for every piece Kenya laid out, at least two made their way into his mouth!
If I were you, I would pull out all your cookie sheets and layer them up with lots of fruit because when your family tastes these Pear and Apple Chips, they’re going to go fast.
Pear and Apple Chips
- 2 Pears
- 2 apples
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the apple and pears into “chips” ( I love my hand mandoline, but you can also cut them with a knife into thin slices if you don’t have one).
- Place the slices on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet making sure not to over lap the pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the “chips” halfway through (if you live in a humid climate, they may take a bit longer).
- Cool and serve.
- *You can place several cookie sheets in the oven at the same time if you want to make a large amount.