Quinoa is an ancient grain that also happens to be a super food because it contains all 9 essential amino acids. It is gluten-free, too, so it appeals to many food lifestyles. You can use it in place of rice or any other grain. I’ve even made it into a sweet banana pudding.
I love using it for these Crunchy Quinoa Crusted Chicken Tenders because I can serve them to so many people, and they come out with a beautiful crunchy crust that is totally satisfying.
What is your preferred dip for chicken tenders?!
Crunchy Quinoa Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, remove white stringy tendon
- 2 large eggs or egg whites
- olive oil
- Pour the quinoa onto a towel and blot to remove any excess moisture. Place in a shallow bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, and paprika to the quinoa. Stir to combine well.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- 4. Dip the chicken into the egg and then into the quinoa mixture pressing evenly to coat.*
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add a thin coat of oil and pan sear the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until quinoa is golden.
- * To freeze the chicken fingers before cooking, place coated chicken fingers on parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours. Place in labeled zipper bags and freeze until to 4 months. When ready to cook place a few fingers in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours to defrost and then cook as directed in step 5.