Cherry tomatoes are finally on the scene again at our local farmer’s market….and in our garden, too! I’ve been waiting for weeks for them to be ripe enough to pick. Some people in our family are not as patient as I am though. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “look Mommy, a green one!” only to turn to see my 2 1/2 year old with a freshly plucked, unripe tomato in his hands! It’s basically taken us the past 6 weeks to teach Kenya to leave the green cherry tomatoes alone and wait for them to turn the deep red color that makes them sweet and bursting with flavor.
Since two of Kenya’s more recent food obsessions are olives and cherry tomatoes, I decided to combine them in this heavenly summer pasta salad. When you roast the tomatoes, it makes them even sweeter. When I showed Kenya the finished recipe he said “look Mommy, red ones.” Finally he’s getting it!
Roast Cherry Tomatoes with Olives & Bowties
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the first 5 ingredients together on a sheet tray to coat the tomatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are starting to burst.
- While the tomatoes are baking, cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions.
- Combine the tomatoes, pasta, olives and cheese and toss to combine.