Not only is Three Seed Brittle ridiculously easy to prepare, but it makes the perfect DIY holiday gift for teachers and friends.
I love a pretty gift. I love a homemade gift. I love an easy gift.
This Three Seed Brittle satisfies all three of those criteria and it will likely have the recipient of this addictively delicious gift thinking you’re a sophisticated and experienced baker. But honestly, this recipe couldn’t be any easier.
Most candy brittles are made with nuts, but this one is packed with a variety of seeds, turning this treat into something truly out of the ordinary. The seeds caramelize right in the sweet honey and brown rice syrup and transform into a sweet and crunchy holiday treat that’s perfect to make and individually wrap up as a unique gift for that special teacher, mailman or hostess in your life. I bet you get such a good response in fact that you may decide to make it your signature holiday gift for years to come!
Give it a shot and let me know in the comments how it turns out (and gets eaten up before your eyes!)
Three Seed Brittle
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir the butter, brown rice syrup & honey to combine.
- Add the seeds, stir to evenly coat, and spread in an even layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and break into pieces.