Banana Bites

One of the biggest challenges in trying to feed a family is finding recipes that everyone will love. When you've got a baby, a toddler, and adults in the house it can be easy to become a short order cook. Don't get stuck making a different meal for each person! These Banana Bites are hands-down one of our family's favorite recipes. They're healthy, inexpensive and easy to make (which equals a happy mommy and daddy). They're also sweet and delicious (which equals happy baby girl and big brother). The recipe makes quite a few banana bites so you can eat a bunch and keep the rest on hand in the fridge for a few days -- that is, if you can keep them around that long. Not only are my 1 and 3 year olds obsessed with them, but my hubby and I devour them just as fast! And my friend said Banana Bites are as equally good for dessert as they are for breakfast, which I totally agree with! Wether you're dipping them in maple syrup, dusting them with powdered sugar, or eating them piping hot off the griddle, this is a recipe that will quickly become a favorite. Get ready to keep this one on hand for years to come!

Banana Bites  (Makes 2-3 Servings)

Comments

1. marilyn

July 31, 2014 at 7:28 am

just tried these …they r so yummy!!

2. Pingback: Banana Bite Pancakes | Maura Joyce Photography

3. best e cig juice flavor

April 27, 2014 at 4:28 pm

e juice flavors Banana BitesWeelicious.com
    best e cig juice flavor http://bybageri.se/images/quality-of-the-halo-e-juice-matters.html

4. Gianna

February 26, 2014 at 4:01 am

Cant wait to try them they sound so good

5. Alexis

February 4, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Merely to follow up on the uptade of this subject matter on your web page and want to let you know simply how much I prized the time you took to publish this valuable post. Within the post, you spoke regarding how to definitely handle this matter with all convenience. It would be my own pleasure to build up some more strategies from your site and come up to offer other individuals what I discovered from you. Many thanks for your usual wonderful effort.

6. nyca5124

August 10, 2013 at 8:01 am

My son loved these! I used very ripe bananas and they were sweet enough that I didn’t need to serve them with honey or syrup. My only complaint is that they did not come out crispy, they were rather soggy. I used cooking spray to cook them., just enough to keep from sticking to the pan I think. But they tasted great, and I was happy to have leftovers to freeze.

7. Pingback: 10 Toddler and Little Kid Breakfast Ideas - The Seasoned Mom

8. Angel Adams

October 27, 2012 at 9:15 am

Just bought the cookbook-so very excited!

9. mrsdhurd

August 22, 2012 at 11:04 am

Made these today and my son LOVED them. I don’t think I made enough. I absolutely love this website

10. Canada

June 2, 2012 at 1:11 am

These rock! So delicious yet simple. What a clever idea to simply dip the banana slices into the batter to make these scrumptious morsels! My picky hubby loved these and devoured them when I made them at night and I had to make another batch so our child could er…still have some in the morning. I don’t think I’ve tried a single Weelicious recipe that didn’t turn out super good so far! The recipes seem to be VERY well tested and if I follow the recipe, everything turns out fantastic. Thank you Catherine for testing your recipes to perfection!

11. dara

April 16, 2012 at 9:26 am

yum! my 9-month old just decided that he doesn’t like bananas (after loving them for weeks lol) so maybe this will turn him back onto them. trying this recipe this week!

12. KimberlyRose

March 25, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks so much for this recipe! My son (and I) absolutely loved them!

13. Amber Hohl

March 11, 2012 at 9:41 am

Just tried these! They were a huge hit and so easy. Thanks so much!

Also, thank you for your weekly meal plans so I can see the recipes I have missed in the past!

14. Alissa

March 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I love this recipe – just made these for my daughter’s first birthday party using a whole wheat oatmeal pancake recipe very similar to yours, and they were a huge hit…even better is I froze the leftovers and now we are reheating them in the toaster oven for breakfast. Even my 3 year old who doesn’t like bananas is excited about these…thank you so much!

15. Pingback: HP Toner Cartridges

16. Meya

February 12, 2012 at 10:52 am

We made these this morning and they were really good. She actually ate them lol. I was wondering if you have tried them with other fruit and if so which worked best?

17. Pingback: tory burch sunglasses sale

18. Pingback: Tory Burch Shoes Sale

19. san diego, ecig, buy, e liquid, atomizers, cartomizers, quit smoking

January 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I?ll immediately clutch your rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

20. Jessie Toy Story Parties

January 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to offer one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.

21. lease option my home

December 30, 2011 at 8:24 am

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

22. quick house sale wa

December 30, 2011 at 12:02 am

I feel this is among the so much vital information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However should statement on few general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is in reality nice : D. Excellent job, cheers

23. Pingback: no agent house sale

24. snow ugg boots

December 24, 2011 at 11:03 am

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent idea

25. Pingback: ugg bailey button boot sale

26. Pingback: the ecigarette

27. kensington ugg

December 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something. I feel that you just could do with some p.c. to force the message house a little bit, however other than that, that is great blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

28. boots

December 13, 2011 at 6:45 am

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness on your post is simply cool and that i can assume you are knowledgeable in this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grasp your feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thank you a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

29. Pingback: UGG Classic Short|UGG Australia |Ugg 5825 Womens Classic Short|UGG Australia Classic Short 5825|cheap wholesale ugg boots|ugg 5825 classic short|Ugg boot 5825 Black|Ugg boot 5825 grey|Ugg boot 5825 chestnut|Ugg boots 5825 chocolate

30. Pingback: Free Music for iPod

31. buy my house,quick house sale,sell and rent back,sell my house fast,sell my house quickly,sell your house fast,sell your house quickly

October 18, 2011 at 11:41 am

Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to be at the web the easiest thing to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other folks consider concerns that they just don’t know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

32. Pingback: banana connectors

33. Tricia

August 19, 2011 at 9:28 am

I made these this morning. My 2 and a half year old loved his “monkey pancakes”!

34. Naomi

August 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Just made these – fantastic! I hope there’s some left for my son’s lunch tomorrow after the husband and I are done with them :)

35. Mariann

August 17, 2011 at 9:09 am

Looks delicious. Can’t wait to try these! I have a 5 year old and she loves bananas. But a fun little recipe that she can help with. Thanks for sharing!

36. Pingback: Eaton Updates » Blog Archive » Banana Bites

37. Alaskamomma

July 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I cant wait to try this for myself (my 3mo isnt old enough lol)!

38. barefootnpregnant

June 7, 2011 at 1:01 pm

my 9m old loved loved LOVED these. she won’t eat banana on its own anymore so I wasn’t sure how she’d like it with pancake. perfect for snack time!

39. themoviehomereview

May 31, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Excellent info once again. I am looking forward for your next post;)

40. Jill

May 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

Just an FYI. The honey rule is because of the risk of botchulism (sp??) not allergies.

• Gen

December 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Yes, botulism spores may be present in honey. It’s not because of allergies.

41. Janine

April 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Made these thismorning.They were a hit!I loved them too! I love your site.Thanks for all the great recipes:)

42. olive oil hair products

March 23, 2011 at 3:12 am

Thanks just like a support to charming the metre to deliberate this, I be informed highly on heart-breaking it and lady-love erudition way more on this topic.

43. Tara

March 21, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I have been making these for months now, ever since I found your site. I have 6 kids, 2 Great Danes and a husband at home who all love them. However, interestingly, my husband and teens like them better with barely ripe bananas (a still sweet but sort of fresher taste) while my younger ones like a sweeter very ripe banana. The variations on this are endless! You can use any kind of batter imaginable and add spices, different fruits, even grated chocolate for a dessert bite! My family favs are pumpkin spice batter or peanut butter pancake batter with the banana. Thank goodness for the options or I would be mighty sick of making these already since my family demands them weekly!

44. Jamie

March 6, 2011 at 11:53 am

Just tryed these this morning!!! They where a huge hit!! Thanks for all the great ideas!!

45. Katie Y

February 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Whipped up a batch with bisquick pancake mix and cinnamon for my 11 month old son and he is screaming for more!! I never though of doing this. I used to just mash up the banana and put it in the pancake mix. Your way is so much better!

46. Uggs

January 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm

You made some decent factors there. I regarded on the web for the issue and found most individuals will go along with together with your website.

47. Deanna

January 15, 2011 at 10:06 am

I just made these for my husband & toddler. What a hit! Banana bites are definitely going into our breakfast rotation. :)

48. Deb

January 11, 2011 at 8:56 am

I made these over the weekend and froze them my son loved them!!!

49. Vicki

December 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

My extremely picky eater (22 months) just ate 7 of these and is asking for more! THANK YOU!!

50. Natalie

November 24, 2010 at 1:15 pm

The banana bites are really good. Its awesome as an adult food too. lol. and my puppy even loved it! I so want to give this recipe to my aunt for my one year old cousin.

51. Shalu

November 4, 2010 at 11:20 am

I made them for my 11 months old and she loved it. Can I make them in advance and freeze them?

November 9, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Not sure how they would freeze, I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why not. You would need them to thaw a little longer though.

52. Traci

October 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I made these for the first time today and they were great! Both of my kids loved them (they’re almost 3 and almost 1). Thanks for the great idea!

53. Pingback: Week 4 Run 1 + Toddler food on the go « Making New Tracks

54. Kristin

September 23, 2010 at 8:28 am

These are great and they are super yummy made with apples and peaches. We had the peaches this morning and they were DELICIOUS!

55. Melanie

September 23, 2010 at 7:52 am

These are terrific!! My 14 month old usually has more fun feeding the dogs than he does himself, but the dogs didn’t get a single bite with these! He LOVES them! I also sliced up some strawberries that were about to go bad and they were very yummy as well! What a great alternative to using butter and syrup!

56. Amanda

September 12, 2010 at 9:40 am

I just made these this morning for my 4-year-old and 20-month-old girls. The 20-month-old eats like a bird and ate all of the banana bites on her plate and then some off of her sister’s. My 4-year-old told me that I am her hero for making these. LOL.

57. Beth

September 1, 2010 at 11:06 am

I made these today with the peanut butter pancake recipe from your Breakfast Cupcakes–they are great! My 2.5 year old doesn’t love them yet, but they are yummy enough that I’m going to keep making them until she likes them. lol

58. Jen

August 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I finally got the chance to make these yesterday. We all loved them :)

59. laura

August 13, 2010 at 10:56 am

Can you freeze these?

60. Pingback: Crazy for the Country » Blog Archive » Banana Bites

61. elgin sell home

July 27, 2010 at 6:25 pm

After reading this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to put this blog piece together. I once again find myself spending way to much time both reading and commenting. What ever, it was still worth it

62. Daniella

July 17, 2010 at 11:29 am

I made these this morning and my 5 year old daughter, husband and I absolutely LOVED them. We all agreed that they did not need any syrup, which makes this mommy very happy. I am not a huge pancake fan, but I ate more of these than I’d like to admit. :) We also tried strawberries, which turned out perfectly!

My very picky 1 & 2 year old daughters wouldn’t eat the mushy banana (I suspect I overcooked them), but I will try again soon with a riper banana and a thinner batter.

These fruit bites will definitely be on permanent rotation at our house. Thanks for sharing!

63. Julia

July 17, 2010 at 10:09 am

I made these this morning and they are awesome. My 15 month old son LOVES them. I still have to cut them up into pieces because that’s what he prefers and he just eats them up. Thanks for the awesome recipe.

64. Jeanie Cullip

July 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm

These sound yummy!

65. Kristina

July 9, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Made these this morning….AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!! Thanks!

66. Barbie

July 7, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Sounds great! I’m making it this weekend. How do you reheat?

July 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm

They are amazing!! For reheating, just heat them up in a dry pan over medium heat- 30 seconds on each side :)

67. Michael Kindness

July 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Can you freeze these?

(I’m guessing not, since it might make the bananas super mushy.)

68. juwita

July 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

i usually made it in a simple version, only flour, butter and egg..with additional topping of choco liquid or grated cheese..delicious..especially when eaten during rainy day :D

69. Nichole

June 30, 2010 at 10:17 am

I just made these this morning, WOW, What a great idea. I used my own pancake recipe because I love it and so does my family.

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup flax seed meal
    3 tsp baking powder ( sounds like a lot, but you get a really fluffy pancake)
    1/4 tsp salt

Sift dry ingredients

Create a well and add the following-

3 tbs melted butter
    1 egg
    3 tbs honey, agave, maple syrup, sugar, or rice syrup
    1 1/4 whole milk, soy milk, rice milk, whatever…. :)

Mix well!

I topped my banana bites with drizzled honey- the hearty whole wheat tastes great with the banana and honey.

June 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm

That sounds amazing!! I love that you used flax seen meal! Yum!

70. Christine

June 15, 2010 at 12:46 am

I just made these for the first time today. My 16month old AND my 5 year old loved them! I couldn’t help sneak a few myself. They were delicious :)

71. Lisa

May 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

Loved these, but the only problem I encountered was that I was making them for 9 1/2 month olds who need them cut up for them & when I cut them up, the pancake came off the banana. Not that it matters much since they smash everything up in their hands anyway :). Mom & Dad loved them too.

• Anne-Marie

January 2, 2011 at 8:47 am

well, I guess I’m not as patient as the rest – I made two banana bites and proceeded to mash up two bananas and add them to the whole wheat pancakes with flax(I also subbed in some spelt flour). they were very banana-y and my 16 month old loved them! we’ll worked this into our meal rotation for sure – thanks for the inspiration!