Muesli Smoothie

Muesli, is a breakfast cereal made from rolled oats, fruit and nuts, and lately, Kenya has been eating it twice a week for breakfast. Since I always top it with either milk or yogurt, I thought why not toss it all into a blender and make something nutritious, creamy and perfect for breakfast? You never know. The oddest combinations can create something that everyone will love. Not so silly now, mommy. Right?

Muesli Smoothie  (Serves 2)

"Muesli in a smoothie? That's silly mommy!" I love that Kenya instinctively knew that this recipe was an unlikely combination, but since he loves muesli and smoothies, he was game to try it. Muesli, is a breakfast cereal made from rolled oats, fruit...

• 1 cup milk (rice, almond, soy or cow’s milk are my favorites)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt (i use greek yogurt)
  • 1 cup mango, chopped
  • 1/2 cup muesli

1. 1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Muesli Smoothie

Comments

1. Laras

November 27, 2013 at 2:06 am

Instead of muesli, I usually use soluble oats or uncooked instant oatmeal for smoother texture, though Muesli has better fiber than them.

2. Kayla

April 19, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Do you have any suggestions to get this smoother? I found that mine was still a bit grainy and my son seems to be picky with textures. Otherwise it was very good :)

3. sarah

September 18, 2010 at 10:12 am

This turned out really great, my 4 & 1.5 y/o loved it and had fun helping me make it. Very yummy!

4. Rachel

August 24, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I make a banana oatmeal liquado for my son, he loves it! I will have to try this recipe.
    For the banana oatmeal liquado I use 1 banana (the riper, the sweeter the liquado), soy milk, cinnamon, and a two spoonfulls of uncooked oats. Blend and enjoy!

5. Jane

August 19, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Do you have a suggestion for an alternate product (Muesli) that doesn’t contain nuts?

6. Ainsley

August 17, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Is there a particular brand of muesli that you like to buy? I’m trying different brands, but have yet to hit a true “winner” for my 21 month old twin girls (one of whom eats everything I put in front of her, the other of whom seems to survive on air and shouts of “all done” as soon as dinner is even mentioned!)

August 18, 2010 at 5:14 pm

We buy the Trader Jo’s brand but any brand will work :)

7. Holly Henderson

August 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm

The mobile theme looks great but there doesn’t seem to be a way so save recipes to my recipe box. ??

8. Maralyn Jones

August 13, 2010 at 7:28 am

Wow…it looks so delicious…..Ill try it def for me..

9. Tiffany

August 12, 2010 at 8:05 am

Great idea, my son Tristin loves oatmeal,and he never let’s me do something different.Hopefully, this will work! Thx!