Spinach Cake Muffins- easy and healthy!

Spinach Cake Muffins Program-- Not For Worms!!

Yum

No matter what Chloe says, these muffins are not for worms!!!! (watch the video and you'll understand what I'm talking about) These Spinach Cake Muffins are perfectly sweet and a great way to get your kids to eat their greens!

Comments

1. Lauren

January 19, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Can you post the recipe so it’s not just in video form?

2. Esti

December 16, 2012 at 3:59 am

Can I use Self Raising flour? Thanks

December 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

You can! Just omit the baking powder and soda!

3. Pingback: coconut oil

4. Meghan

March 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Made these today for St.Patrick’s day and my two year old gobbled them up. The best part was how fast and effortless they were to make. Love!

5. Sonia

January 26, 2012 at 9:09 pm

These look so delicious !
    My kid has an egg allergy, with what other ingredient could I replace the large egg in this recipe ?

January 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm

The best egg replacement I have heard of is 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed plus 3 Tbsps Water per Egg. The flax seed sometimes slightly changes the texture and/or color of the finished product, but usually it works like a charm and people can’t tell the difference! Hope it works and happy experimenting!

6. norah

January 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I have made these muffins twice in this week!!! :) my 16 months old son just loves them!! i just added more applesauce and they are so yummy. Thanks for the recipe…

7. Nicole

January 17, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I cannot believe it! My daughter ate 5 of these yesterday I love them and do does my husband!! Thank you thank you!

8. Michelle

January 16, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Could you use almond flour and coconut oil as substitutes to make them gluten free??

• Stefani

January 16, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I have made these with coconut oil and they are great. I even added some shredded coconut to play on the flavor it leaves. I make all of Catherine’s muffins gluten free with the following gluten free mix: In a really big bowl measure 100 grams each of the following flours: almond, millet, oat, sorghum, buckwheat, quinoa, arrowroot, tapioca, teff and sweet rice flour. Then mix them all together. Then measure cup for cup of the original recipe and remember to sift it. This GF mix works awesome for all the cookies and muffins on the weelicious site. Also I do not use the gums and the recipes always turn out wonderful. If the batter appears a bit dry, just add a touch of liquid until it looks right. (I made the pumpkin cupcakes this weekend with the frosting and it looked dry so I added a touch of milk and they were perfect.)

• Michelle

January 16, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Thanks so much Stefani!!! I’m avoiding all grains though so most of those flours won’t work for me :( I’ll try it will just the blanched almond flour and maybe some coconut flour and see how it turns out :)

9. Sandy

January 15, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I might have missed it, but at what temperature and for how long do you bake these?

Thanks!

10. Kevin (BBQ Smoker Site)

January 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Fantastic way to “sneak” in some good stuff! I know several adult “kids” who could benefit from this recipe! :)

11. Christine

January 15, 2012 at 11:40 am

These tasted great and my 3 year old has eaten them up. Normally it’s hard to get her to eat leafy greens.

12. lizzy

January 15, 2012 at 7:58 am

could i use a blender to mix the wet ingredients? i have a mini food processor and a vita-mix blender. Hope so, b/c i really want to make this! thanks.

January 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

A blender will work great!

13. Sarah

January 14, 2012 at 3:16 pm

thanks!

14. Sarah

January 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Hi,
    I made these and they are great my 22 month old is eating them up but I think they are pretty dry do you have any suggestions to cut down the dryness.
    thanks.
    sarah

• Stefani

January 16, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I have added a bit more applesauce and/or a bit of milk to combat the dryness. I just add until the batter looks right

January 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm

You could add another tbsp of oil and they will still come out great. I try to keep them as healthy and low fat as possible :)

• LuLu

January 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

Add half of a ripe avocado (about 1/3 cup) the muffins will be moist and you have more vitamins and the necessary Omega3!!!

15. sarah3127

January 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

Delicious! My 3 year old loves(and I)! Also, put 1/2 a banana for a little more flavor.

16. Angela @ Happy Fit Mama

January 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I’ve made these twice so far. My 18 month old twins and my 38 year old “boy” love ‘em. Oh, and I do too! I just made another batch yesterday and added blueberries. Thanks for the great recipe! This will be a weekly staple in our house.

17. Juliet

January 13, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I made these last week, and my 18 month old daughter gobbles them up! I used my mini muffin pans, and the muffins are the perfect size for little hands. I was thrilled that she enjoyed them so much, since I have a tough time getting her to eat her greens. I will definitely be making these frequently :)

18. Kendra

January 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

These are delicious! Definitely not too sweet and they don’t taste like spinach for picky eaters. For an extra treat I put a little bit of strawberry cream cheese on top- yummmm!

19. yeni

January 13, 2012 at 9:44 am

Love this video! Chloe is a great helper and so cute. She’s a great co-host! I’ll definitely be trying these with my little guy.

• Aysel @WhatKidsAte

January 17, 2012 at 3:06 am

Chloe is so cute! My 2.5 year old son also loves helping around the kitchen. There’s no way I could accomplish anything in the kitchen if I didn’t let him play with some vegetables, mix stuff, etc.

I’m waiting for my new muffin tin to arrive to try this recipe :)