It’s Friday night and in our house that means Pizza Night! After a long week of getting up early for school, racing around to after school activities, homework and hectic schedules, it’s nice to pick out a movie together (last week we watched Ratatouille and the week before it was Wall-e), spread out a picnic blanket on the living room floor, grab some cut up veggies and make one of our favorite pizza recipes using pre-made or dough we’ve made on our own plus Veggie Heavy Pizza Sauce. Sometimes that means Quilt pizza, Pizza Balls or Green Machine Pizza or recently these whimsical Pizza Party Lollipops.
We’ve always got a load of wooden popsicle sticks laying around as the kids are super into crafting with them or me making Kulfi Ice Pops, Pancake Sausage Muffins on a Stick or Strawberry Yogurt Ice Pops, so I thought it would be fun to take pizza dough, have the kids help me make ropes out of it, wind one around a wooden stick, flatten it on a parchment lined baking sheet and then top with tons of cheese.
If there’s one thing our family eats a lot of it’s cheese, so I’ve teamed up with Wisconsin Cheese to share these Pizza Lollipops. You can top them with any type of good melting cheese or even a combination you enjoy like mozzarella, cheddar, gouda or fontina like I did here. They’re not only cute to eat, but since you get to dip them in tomato sauce it’s a ton of fun too.
Whip a batch of these Pizza Lollipops up for your next #FridayNightPizzaNight to create your own fun! For your chance to win a kid friendly pizza night kit, just tell me in the comments below your favorite pizza topping!
Prize_ One (1) lucky weelicious reader will receive a Kid's Pizza Kit, Pizza Crisper, Wisconsin Cheese Trivet, and a selection of Wisconsin cheeses. This giveaway is sponsored by Wisconsin Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Duration_ This giveaway will be open until Friday, October 30th at 11_59pm.
How To Enter_ Leave a comment below. For more chances to win, share this giveaway on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+ with the hashtag #FridayNightPizzaNight, and leave a separate comment for each letting me know you've done so.
Who Can Enter_ Open to residents in the U.S. only.
How Winner Will Be Chosen_ The winner(s) will be chosen at random and will be notified via email. The winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Friday Night Pizza Party Lollipops (makes 16 lollipops)
- 1 pound pizza dough*
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, grated
- 16 wooden popsicle sticks
- 16 pepperoni slices, or other desired toppings
- pizza sauce, for dipping greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Divide the pizza dough into 16 pieces and roll each into a ball.
3. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into the center of each pizza dough ball, flatten into a disk, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle grated cheese onto each pizza lollipop, top with a pepperoni slice or other desired toppings, and extra cheese.
5. Place the pizza lollipops in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pizza dough is golden brown.
optional toppings: pepperoni, diced ham, olives, mushrooms