If you’re a fan of avocados and love a good smoothie, then you’re in for a treat. This Avocado Shake is perfect for breakfast, snack time, or any time of the day really.
I was kind of shocked when I discovered that in Brazil and other South American countries, avocados are used primarily in sweet dishes like ice cream and dessert mousses. In America, I feel like we’re much more accustomed to them popping up in savory dishes like guacamole or sliced on a sandwich or salad. I was super inspired to work avocados into something sweet and came up with this simple to make avocado shake!
Avocado Shake Ingredients
- Ripe avocado: Avocados are so good for you! They’re rich in nutrients such as fiber, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin B6. Plus, the fiber and healthy fats in avocados can help you feel full and satisfied and not to mention are great for your hair and skin!
- Ripe banana: The banana in this is not only good for you, but provides a bit of natural (and delicious) sweetness for this shake.
- Milk of choice: Gotta have milk for a shake! Duh! You can use any milk you prefer: cow’s milk, almond, oat or rice milk work great!
- Ice: This ingredient thickens up the shake a bit and gives it that thick milkshake texture. You can leave it out if you want it to be thinner, or if you add frozen banana you can skip the ice.
- Honey: A little more natural sweetness from some honey takes this shake to the next level of deliciousness!
More Naturally Green Recipes
This recipe is great for any time of year, but I especially love making it for a fun, green St. Patrick’s Day breakfast. Here’s more naturally green recipes you can make for St. Patty’s Day!
- Green Vegan Pancakes
- Spinach Cake Muffins
- Green Mac and Cheese
- Spinach Pancakes
- Spinach Cheddar Chive Scones
Get Your Kids Involved!
Want to get your young kids involved in the kitchen more? This recipe is a great one to start with! Let them peel and break apart the banana and scoop out the avocado. And of course, they get to press the button to whiz up the shake (the most fun part!).
This mean, green, vitamin-packed drink is the perfect sweet snack for any time of the day! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and tag me on social media if you make it!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup milk of choice (This recipe is for a thick shake. Add more milk if you want it thinner.)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large hand full of ice
- honey, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree