Congratulations to Jen Swayne, our 4th place Day 2 winner for her amazing Orange Ginger Cookies that everyone in our house gobbled up. I’ve never tasted a cookie so unique and perfect for the holidays! I hope you enjoy your KiddieBlanket Toasty Fleece Blanket!
Orange Ginger Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift together the first 7 ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or standing mixer, cream together butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add egg to the creamed butter mixture and beat another minute until combined.
- Add molasses, orange zest and juice and combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until they are all incorporated. Chill dough for one hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls then roll them in the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Place the balls onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet and slightly flatten using the palm of your hands (make sure cookies are placed about 2 inches away from each other since they will widen when baking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and serve.