This Corn & Black Bean Salad is the perfect recipe for a bbq, party or even dinner at home with the family!
Corn is just starting to show up at our local farmer’s markets, so I decided to buy a few sweet ears this weekend to make a super-simple salad full Kenya’s favorite ingredients. I love preparing this delicious dish for several reasons- it’s a complete vegetarian protein because of the beans and corn, the mixture of colors and textures are appealing to a little one’s eyes and it’s easy on the wallet.
If you need a last minute pot luck dish this summer that’s easy to prepare and that adults as well as kids will love, give it a shot!
Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 2 Ears of Corn, husked and cleaned or 2 Cups of Frozen Corn Kernels, defrosted
- 1 16 Oz. Can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, small dice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil and add the corn.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Cut the corn off the cob and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine throughly.