Bacon Wrapped Air Fried Asparagus is one the simplest vegetable side you can make! The crispy bacon wrapped around this spring vegetable is out of this world tasty!
When spring is around the corner, asparagus makes its debut at our local farmers market and continues throughout the summer. This veggie is one of my little ones’ favorites. We’ve started calling them skinny trees when the kids were small and they’re still dubbed that in our house to this day. We’ve been sautéing asparagus with lemon for years, but once I got my air fryer several years ago, we didn’t look back.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I have a deep love for my air fryer. When I tell you we use it twice a day, I’m not exaggerating. Air Fryers are so versatile. It’s the easiest way to get crispy yet tender vegetables that will make everyone in your house a veggie lover. We use ours to reheat leftovers, make snacks like Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas and even use it to roast a whole chicken! Have I convinced you yet?
Now let’s get back to this Bacon Wrapped Air Fried Asparagus. This recipe could not get easier. Simply wrap your asparagus stalks with half a piece of bacon and pop them in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your bacon and voila, you have a flavorful, low carb vegetable side that everyone will love. In fact, I have a hard time even getting these to the table sometimes because everyone eats them straight out of the air fryer because they can’t wait!
While the bacon is the star of the show in this recipe, you could absolutely leave it out if you wanted this recipe to be vegan or vegetarian. Toss the asparagus in a bit of olive oil with salt and pepper, air fry it for the same amount of time and you’ll still have a delicious result.
Does your family eat asparagus? Try this recipe and let me know what you think!
Bacon Wrapped Air Fried Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus (about 16 spears)
- 8 slices bacon
- Break or cut off the woodsy ends of asparagus. They have a natural break if you snap them at the ends.
- Cut or slice bacon in half so you have 16 pieces.
- Starting in the middle of the asparagus, wrap the bacon around the asparagus towards the bottom allowing the top and bottom to peak out.
- Place asparagus in air fryer tray leaving a little space between the pieces and cook on 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until bacon is starting to get crispy and asparagus is tender.