We’re seeing more and more kids these days with food allergies. I hope and pray that a cure for these ailments comes soon, but until then it’s so important to not make these kids feel stigmatized and allow them to feel like kids by offering them a wide variety of treats that little ones can enjoy, whether they have food allergies or not.
These cookies fit into a ton of different categories being nut, gluten, egg and dairy free, but most of all they are everything a cookie should be_ moist, sweet and irresistible. And I call that the delicious category!
Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) vegan butter, softened (I used Earth’s Balance)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax and water. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flax mixture and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Add the raisins and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon measure, place cookie dough onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.