If you want a recipe that’s simple to make, versatile enough to be a topping for pasta, chicken fish, even rice and a great way to get your kids in the kitchen (without a big mess), you have to try this Pistachio Pesto!
If you read Weelicious often, you know that I’m crazy for pesto. While it might sound a bit fancy or gourmet, I think it’s one of the most kid-friendly foods out there. We use pesto on everything from pasta to chicken to fish or even as a spread on sandwiches. The kids and my husband love it and it’s a total lifesaver for me, especially because I can make a batch and keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Packed with protein and vitamins A, C, E, K (and more) from the spinach and pistachios, this is a recipe where you know your family will be getting their recommended daily allowance of a lot of good stuff and enjoying every last bite!
- 1 Cup Spinach, packed
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio, shelled, unsalted & toasted
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1 lb Pasta, cooked
- Place all the ingredients (except for the pasta) in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Mix with pasta and serve.
- * Pesto can be placed in containers (or even ice cube trays) and frozen for up to 3 months.