Banana bread is one of those classic recipes that you probably grew up making with your mother in the kitchen. I made this recipe with my mom so often and now I love getting in the kitchen with my own kids to make a family favorite. Kids enjoy peeling and mashing the bananas, as well as mixing it all together and sneaking tastes before it goes into the oven.
I’ve teamed up with Truvia sweetener to bring you this favorite classic recipe using less sugar than the original. This recipe is great for beginners and will have your kitchen smelling heavenly while you rest assured knowing it’s a healthier choice for your family. Watch the video above for how to make reduced sugar banana bread and then get in the kitchen with your family to make some delicious memories!
Reduced Sugar Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teasoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup (about 4 medium) very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend and butter.
- Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract to sugar/butter mixture until well combined.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. The batter should be thick and chunky. Do not overmix.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (about 55 minutes).
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and transfer to a wire rack