Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes

Getting dinner on the table as fast as possible with the least amount of effort (but with the maximum amount of flavor) is my mission as a mom. Since potatoes are inexpensive, healthy and, of course, delicious, they help make my job that much easier. These Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes are a fail safe recipe that I guarantee will join your weekly rotation of favorites! The zip of the garlic powder and dried herbs really pull together the creamy inside and crunchy outside of the potato. They're the perfect accompaniment BBQ chicken, fish, steak, burgers or any meal you may be planning for the holidays. I love them right out of the oven, but they're also great to serve warm and make awesome leftovers. Easy? Mission accomplished!

Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes  (Serves 4)

• 1 pound fingerling potatoes, cut in half
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon italian herbs

1. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. 2. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder and herbs on a sheet tray.
  3. 3. Bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden on the exterior and tender inside.
Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes

Comments

1. Roswitha

March 24, 2014 at 2:31 am

Can i use a baking dish for this to get the same. I only have a roaster. It’s a second hand oven so no baking sheet. Sadly for me.

2. Lorelei

July 30, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I am preparing for a birthday BBQ – and thought these would be great. I’m wondering if I can roast at home for 30 minutes instead of 40 – put them in tin foil and bring them to the BBQ. If needed I could put them on the side of the grill to warm them a bit more, but I’m assuming they would continue cooking in the tin foil…. any thoughts? I don’t want them to end up soggy.

July 30, 2013 at 4:15 pm

I would cook them for 30 minutes, like you said, then let them cool before packing them. If you pack them hot that’s what will make them soggy. Then reheat on the grill like you said!

3. Samantha Y.

December 28, 2012 at 8:56 pm

So glad I tried this recipe tonight. Tasty and easy. I’ve not had luck in the past with roasting potatoes but think the small size made this a winner. My 14 mos didn’t care for them but my 3yr old liked them along with a happy hubby!

4. Luck

November 16, 2012 at 2:58 am

I didn’t have garlic powder, so thought I would chop some garlic cloves. Yet, in the end, I just added a bit of garlic paste.But it came out delicious. My little one gobbled up one entire piece! I was surprised!

5. Heather

August 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm

They taste even more amazing with Parmesan cheese on them

6. Lori Ann

June 15, 2011 at 6:15 am

We’ve made these twice now, using regular vegetable oil and doubling the garlic (we love garlic around here!!). Delicious, and easy!

7. Katie Whitehead

May 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I really adore this work. It definitely opened my eyes about this topic. Can’t wait to tell the girls. Thanks!

8. amanda

March 1, 2011 at 3:47 pm

love it but could you use a different oil?

9. Stacy

January 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Just made these with dinner tonight and my 13mo old is cramming them in her mouth faster than I can put them on her plate! She loves them.

10. chrissybozz

December 23, 2010 at 9:37 pm

we make these but after sprinkling with spices, i press each potato into freshly grated parm…bake on a well lubricated cookie sheet (kids like em soft, hubby likes em crunchy…i like em all!)

11. Pingback: Herb Garlic Roast Potatoes « Topicco – Find, Read, Share

12. estewartdc3

December 9, 2010 at 10:23 am

I love this idea. Would just like to point out that potatoes are one of Environmental Working Group’s “Dirty Dozen”, meaning its one of the top 12 foods susceptible to pesticide contamination. While organic potatoes do cost more, little minds and bodies are very vulnerable to pesticide exposure….

13. Katie

December 8, 2010 at 11:52 am

I tried this and used fresh oregano, basil, and tarragon and it was delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

14. Pingback: Healthy Holiday Ideas & Recipes from Catherine McCord of Weelicious | She Scribes

15. Helen

December 8, 2010 at 10:25 am

I couldn’t find “Italian Herbs” in Whole Foods. Is it a mix or do you mean something else?

16. Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama}

December 7, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Roasted potatoes are a favorite around here. Can’t go wrong!

17. Mary

December 7, 2010 at 7:56 pm

had them for dinner, turned out great, used russet potatoes cut in wedges. thanks for the recipe.

18. Julia

December 7, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Ooh, I’m going to try this soon! But at first blush: Smiley and Jill, something tells me you can get away with just about any potato you like. Baby Yukon golds would probably be really good!

Darcy: I like the Ziploc bag idea better than tossing them in a bowl. Easier to contain the mess and one less thing to wash later!

19. Jill

December 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

Fingerling potatoes are sometimes hard to find where I live. Could I use redskins or baby yukon golds perhaps?

20. Smiley

December 7, 2010 at 8:49 am

Can I use regular potatoes for that as well?

December 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Yes you can, just cut into wedges :)

21. Darcy

December 7, 2010 at 3:22 am

Sounds like an amazing dish and such an easy recipe. Do you think it would be any different if I was to toss everything together in a zip lock bag and then dump it on the pan to cook?

December 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Nope, it would be just the same!