Finding delicious and nutritious breakfasts for kids can sometimes be a challenge for parents. But fear not! This recipe is the perfect solution that combines the goodness of bananas with the comforting appeal of pancakes. Banana Pancake Bites for the win!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Nutritious and Delicious: Bananas are not only naturally sweet and delicious but also packed with essential nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber. By adding them into pancake bites, you can give your family a treat that combines both the goodness of bananas and the heartiness of pancakes.
- Kid-Friendly and Easy: One of the biggest challenges in trying to feed a family is finding recipes that everyone will love. When you’ve got a toddler, big kids, and adults in the house it can be difficult to please everyone! Banana Pancake Bites are perfect bite-sized portions easy for little hands to hold and enjoy. Plus, the simple recipe with only two ingredients makes it a hassle-free option for busy parents.
- Versatile and Customizable: This recipe serves as a fantastic base that can be easily customized to suit your family’s preferences. Feel free to add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a handful of chocolate chips, or even some chopped nuts on top for added texture and flavor.
- Great for Any Occasion: Whether you need a quick breakfast, a delightful lunchbox addition, or a scrumptious after-school snack, Banana Pancake Bites are a versatile choice that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Inexpensive: Banana Pancake Bites are not only tasty but super affordable to make too! All you need is bananas and your favorite pancake batter and you’re good to go!
How to Make Banana Pancake Bites
- Get those bananas ready: Start by peeling the bananas and cutting them into slices about 1/4-inch thick. I like to make diagonal slices so that the slices are slightly longer than circles.
- Dip and coat the banana slices: Take each banana slice and dip it into the pancake batter, ensuring that it’s coated all over. Let any excess batter drip off back into the bowl.
- Cook to golden perfection: Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and lightly butter it to prevent sticking. Carefully place the batter-coated banana slices onto the heated surface. Allow the banana pancake bites to cook for about 1 minute on each side or until they turn a beautiful golden color. Flip them gently using a spatula to ensure they cook evenly.
- Serve and savor: Once your banana pancake bites are cooked to perfection, transfer them to a plate or platter. You can serve them as is or add a drizzle of maple syrup, a dusting of powdered sugar, or even a dollop of your favorite nut butter for some extra flavor.
If you want extra caramelized bananas, add the bananas to the buttered skillet to cook for a minute, then pour 1-2 tablespoons of pancake batter over the banana slice. Then cook for a minute on each side until golden brown.
Banana Pancake Bites FAQs
- What pancake batter should I use? You can use whatever your heart desires to make these Banana Pancake Bites. Your favorite store bought mix will work as long as it’s creamy. If you’re a traditionalist go for homemade Whole Wheat Mix. Want a little more fiber? Use Quick Oatmeal Pancake batter. Something with a fun color? Try Spinach Pancake Batter or even Red Beet Pancakes.
- Can I make gluten free pancake batter? No problem! I love making this gluten free pancake batter for this recipe.
- Do any bananas work? Any bananas will work, but this recipe is much easier to make with bananas that aren’t overly ripe, mushy and hold their shape.
Storing and Reheating Banana Pancake Bites
- For optimal freshness, it’s best to store these pancake bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Since the bananas in the batter may darken over time, it’s best not to keep these refrigerated for an extended period.
- If you want to reheat the pancake bites, an air fryer set at 325°F (160°C) for 3-4 minutes can help restore their warmth and crispness. Alternatively, you can place them back on a hot pancake griddle for reheating.
More Recipes for Bananas
- Banana Waffles
- Banana Berry Bread
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Banana Wheat Germ Muffins
- Banana Cottage Cheese Honey Spread
Not only are my kids obsessed with Banana Pancake Bites, but my hubby and I devour them just as fast! And my friend said these are equally as good for dessert as they are for breakfast, which I totally agree with! Whether you’re dipping them in maple syrup or honey, dusting them with powdered sugar, or eating them piping hot off the griddle, this is a recipe that will quickly become a family favorite. Get ready to keep this one on hand for years to come!
Banana Pancake Bites
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup pancake batter
- Cut the bananas into 1/4 inch slices. I like to make slices on a diagonal bias so they’re a little bit longer than circles.
- One at a time, dip the banana slices into the batter, coating all over, shaking off the excess batter into the bowl and place on a buttered griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with desired accompaniments such as maple syrup, honey*, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit.