This Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie is filled with ingredients to help keep your body feeling healthy and ready to take on the day!
If there’s one thing that can disrupt an already busy parent’s life, it’s a sick kid. Or being sick yourself! There are plenty of things you can do to alleviate the anxiety of cold season. Washing your hands regularly and keeping away from sick friends and family are big ones. Another great trick is making sure you put tons of immune boosting foods in you and your kids bodies. This Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie is high up on my list of foods for my kids during cold and flu season!
I might be jinxing myself, but my kids hardly ever get sick. I attribute a lot of that to us drinking smoothies every morning! Adding tons of nutrient dense foods to a blender and making a drink that’s easy to suck down from age 1 and up is my secret weapon during the months when colds can bog kids down. This Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie is a game changer when your kids aren’t feeling their best! It can help you get them back to healthy quick!
Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie Ingredients + Their Benefits
- Banana: Bananas are a good source of several essential nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
- Fresh turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound with potent anti-inflammatory effects which can be helpful for reducing inflammation in the body.
- Date: Dates are a good source of several essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. Plus, dates are a good source of natural sugars, which can provide a quick boost of energy.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is an excellent source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body, as well as helping to keep you feeling full and satisfied. And, the live and active cultures in Greek yogurt may help to boost the immune system and reduce the risk of certain infections.
- Frozen mixed berries: The vitamins and minerals in berries may help to support the immune system and reduce the risk of certain infections. And berries are rich in antioxidants, which are compounds that help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Fresh spinach: Spinach is a good source of several essential nutrients, including vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and iron.
- Hemp seeds: The fiber in hemp seeds may help to promote healthy digestion. Hemp seeds are also a good source of antioxidants, which may help to support the immune system and reduce the risk of certain infections.
- Bee pollen: Bee pollen is a good source of several essential nutrients, including protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Almonds: Almonds are a good source of several essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, vitamin E, and magnesium.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Tastes-Like-Ice-Cream Kale Smoothie
- Super Green Tropical Smoothie
- Crazy Healthy Smoothie
- Blueberry Chia Smoothie
- Carrot Orange Ginger Smoothie
Immune Boosting Very Berry Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve!