Take a tried and true classic sandwich to the next level! Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are crispy on the outside, warm on the inside and absolutely irresistible.
If there’s one thing you might know about me it’s that I am in a deeply committed relationship with my air fryer. There’s not many things I haven’t tried to air fry, but I can’t believe how long it took me to air fry a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It’s a classic combination that everyone loves, but something about crispy bread with a warm and gooey center is unreal.
How to Air Fry a Peanut Butter and Jelly
Air frying a sandwich is so simple! I’m shocked it took me this long to try it out. All you do is spread your favorite fillings on your slices of bread, butter each side, pop it in the air fryer at 400°F for 4 to 5 minutes and poof – a perfectly crispy, warm sandwich that anyone would love to devour. I made several versions of this PB&J for the kids, and each was gobbled up as quick as the last. Mix it up by adding nutella, sliced bananas or anything else your heart desires!
What’s the Best Air Fryer?
What’s the best air fryer? People ask me this question more than any other question I think, and I love telling everyone my thoughts! I have a couple favorites at the moment. The Philips Air Fryer XXL has never failed me, and I’ve been using it for years. Plus, it’s large enough to air fry a whole chicken! It’s incredible. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, this Drew Barrymore Air Fryer is a great one that I’ve been using a lot too! It’s fantastic and looks gorgeous on your kitchen counter.
Fun Sandwiches Kids Love
A sandwich can be blah after a while, so my goal is to make them fun whenever I can! Here are some of my favorites:
- Monogram Sandwich
- Animal Face Toast
- Rice Cracker “Face” Sandwiches
- Olive Tapenade and Cream Cheese Sandwich
- Two Tone Sandwich
- Rainbow Roll Up Sandwiches
An Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is a quick and easy way to make a classic sandwich with a little bit of a twist. Let me know in the comments if you try this one!
Images by Ivan Solis
Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons preserves/jam (or nutella)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 slices thick sandwich bread or brioche
- 1/2 banana, sliced (if desired)
- Spread the peanut butter and jam (or nutella) on one slice of bread and top with the other to assemble the sandwich.
- Butter both sides of the sandwich and place in the air fryer.
- Air fry the sandwich at 400°F for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.