Our edible garden is organic and truly lovely, but I feel like if our family had to subsist solely on what it produces, we would be pretty hungry. I do my best to tend to it year round, but I neglected it a bit this summer and some of the fruits and vegetables I was really looking forward to didn’t produce as much as usual. However, there’s one thing that grew and grew and kept growing_ kale. Hearty and beautiful with it’s textured leaves and delicious flavor, I had to come up with multiple uses for it including Green Ice Pops, Green Pizza, and these Everything Kale Chips sprinkled with tons of tasty herbs and seeds on top.
Even for kids (and adults) who profess to hate greens, I dare them not to gobble up this tasty snack stuffed in my favorite reusable snack bags. And if you have a garden, it will hopefully give you one more reason to head outside, plant some seeds, and look forward to enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Everything Kale Chips
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves, no stems
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place the kale on a cookie sheet and spray with the oil and toss to evenly coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle mixture evenly over all the pieces of kale and toss to coat. Make sure to spread the kale out evenly across the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, and keep an eye on them in the last few minutes of cooking so they don’t burn.