Growing up my mother made the most heavenly yellow squash dish that was so simple, yet mouthwateringly delicious. I still make it for myself and sometimes I add steamed carrots like I did in this recipe. There are only 3 ingredients, but when they’re packed with this much flavor, why would you need anything else?
We used these to make this recipe: Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
Yellow Squash and Carrot Puree
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- Place the carrots in a steamer pot over boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and yellow squash and continue to cook for 4 more
- minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Place the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Cool and serve.
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.