If I could top every dessert I ate with a heaping spoonful of Hot Fudge sauce I would live a happy life. My true dessert weakness, the one that brings me to my knees is rich, gooey, decadent hot fudge sauce on top of vanilla ice cream or to dip cookies in. These are the simple indulgences in life that are worth every last calorie. That’s what edible gifts should be, right?! Special, unique and something you wouldn’t necessarily make for yourself. I mean come on, when is the last time someone made you a jar of homemade hot fudge sauce?
Wait no longer, the recipe and time to whip it up is here! Yes, you could make hot cocoa in a jar, chocolate peanut butter cups with sea salt, fruitcake bars, spiced mixed nuts or even homemade play dough, but I promise no one will be handing out this decadent sauce.
Just put it in a ball jar or a cute container with these chalkboard labels and give it out to friends, family and others you love. You will be everyone’s favorite friend after they get to dive into this luscious treat. The best part? It only takes minutes to make and a few ingredients to put it together, but packs a huge punch in the memory maker department that will keep happy faces all around through the holidays!
Mexican Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt together the chocolate, butter, and sugar, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk and cook 2-3 minutes more, until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour into mason jars and store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat: microwave sauce in a glass container for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through and spoon over ice cream, cake, or cookies.