Dye Free Foods for St. Patrick's Day!

23 Dye-Free St. Patrick's Day Recipes

Yum

This has been a fun-filled week here at Weelicious preparing for St. Patrick's Day! I try to stay away from artificial dyes as much as possible so I thought it would be a good idea to do some experimenting on my own. This week I brought you Green Mac and Cheese, Cheesy Green Hummus, Spinach Cheddar Chive Scones and Green Soda. Everyone (my family included) has been so excited about these naturally green recipes that I thought I'd put all the Green Weelicious recipes in one place. For even more fun I've included some of my favorites from around the web!

Cheesy Green Hummus
Cheesy Green Hummus

Green Mac and Cheese
Green Mac and Cheese

Green Ice Pops

Spinach Cake Muffins

Avocado Honey Dip

Cheddar Chive Spinach Scones
Spinach Cheddar Chive Scones and a video for how to make them!

Green rice

Spinach Pasta by Bell'Alimento
Vegan Mango Coconut Green Smoothie by Kitchen Treaty
Mint Chip Milkshakes by Yummy Mummy Kitchen
Green Mashed Potatoes by Simply Recipes
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Detoxinista
Creamy Cauliflower Soup by Martha Stewart

Comments

1. Pingback: Around the Web… | celebrity-bios.info

2. heather

May 16, 2013 at 10:15 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see others joining to the fight against food dyes. Our children have, unfortunately, gotten used to the idea that brightly colored foods are fun so it’s always refreshing to see there are natural options!

3. Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste

March 18, 2013 at 9:23 am

What a gorgeous roundup, Catherine! the Avocado Honey Dip is first on my list. Thanks for sharing!

4. Jennifer

March 16, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I’m always looking for healthy food to feed my very picky eater!

5. Pingback: Dye Free Foods for St. Patrick’s Day! | Weelicious | Recipes, Gossip & More!

6. Diana @ Eating Made Easy

March 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Great list!! I’m eying that avocado honey dip.

7. Carmen

March 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I’m making the Green Monster Juice for your cookbook for my daughter’s class today. Very excited — it’s become a family fave!

PS. LOVE YOUR COOKBOOK!! So convenient, simple and beautiful. I use it all the time, and, through trying out recipes, I’ve steadily been becoming more adept and creative in the kitchen in general. THANK YOU!

8. Amber

March 15, 2013 at 11:17 am

Yum! Especially excited to try the scones!

9. Marla

March 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I assembled the green mac and cheese last night and will bake it tonite. Can’t wait to see how it goes over. The cheese sauce from my lick the spoon test was quite tasty. I’m thinking my two year old will like it since she refers to most green things as iguana food or dinosaur food. And thank you for posting all the older recipes. I’d forgotten about the avocado shake.